The Oregon Portland Mission covers the northwest portion of Oregon and a small part of southwest Washington. At any given time, the mission has around 200 missionaries consisting of Elders, Sisters and Senior Couples. The mission has ten zones, two of which are Spanish-speaking. There is also a Deaf Branch in the mission (one of only a few in the church) that is served by American Sign Language (ASL) sister missionaries.
Zones (Stakes Served)
- Cedar Mill (Beaverton/Cedar Mill)
- Columbia (Portland/Portland East)
- Forest Grove (Forest Grove/Rainier)
- Gresham (Gresham/Mt Hood)
- Hillsboro (Hillsboro/Beaverton West)
- Keizer (Keizer/McMinnville)
- Spanish North (Northern half of mission)
- Spanish South (Southern half of mission)
- Tualatin (Tualatin/Lake Oswego)
- Willamette (Milwaukie/Oregon City)
1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.
3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;
4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;
5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.
6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.
7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.